A14: Cancellation of classes
Policy #: A14
Responsible authority: International Training
Approval authority: Canadian Police College Executive Director
Approval date: 2015-05-01
If a class must be cancelled, participants should be provided with adequate notice and explanation and provided with assistance in arranging an alternative learning experience.
- Scheduled classes will be cancelled only upon the authority of the CPC Director General or delegate.
- Written notice (if possible) will be given to Training Coordinators of the participant's respective police agency.
- Training Coordinators of the participant's respective police agency will be provided with or assistance to obtain alternative learning experiences, for the participant, in order to make up the cancelled class.
Procedures, roles and responsibilities
- When a class in session is to be cancelled, the CPC Director General or delegate will:
- Advice the course instructor and unit Manager
- The Course instructor will post a notice of cancellation on the classroom door
- Develop contingency plans and communicate these in a timely manner to the affected participants.
- The Training units affected, in consultation with the Director of Learning Services, are responsible for assisting participants to obtain an alternative learning experience. This will be coordinated with the Training Coordinator of the participant's respective police agency.
- Date modified: