R03: Changes to initial registration
Policy #: R03
Responsible authority: Business Operations
Approval authority: Canadian Police College Executive Director
Approval date: 2016-09-01
- Once registered at the Canadian Police College (CPC), a candidate may withdraw from a course without penalty on the condition that a written cancellation notice is sent to the CPC at least fifteen (15) calendar days before the course starts (Exceptions apply for Polygraph, Forensic Identification Training, and Executive Development Training, please see Cancellation by Candidate Section 6 - 8).
Procedures, roles and responsibilities
- All changes to the initial registration must be approved by the appropriate course instructor.
A replacement candidate will be considered for organizations sending a late cancellation notice provided that they fax or e-mail a newly completed 2706 Registration Form to the CPC and that the replacement candidate meets all the prerequisites and forwards all supporting documentation for their candidacy at least three (3) working days before the course starts.
- Replacement candidates must come from the same home organization.
- If a participant officially drops out after starting the course, course fees are non-refundable and "incomplete" will be recorded beside the course on the candidate's training data.
- If a participant is suspended or expelled as a result of a breach of the Participant Code of Conduct Directive – A10, course fees are non-refundable and "failed" will be recorded beside the course on the candidate's training data.
If the course is cancelled by the college prior to the course start date, the Registrar will assist the Training Coordinator in rescheduling the candidate.
- If there is no suitable replacement course available, all fees will be refunded.
Cancellation by candidate
- 100% of the tuition is payable if the candidate cancels less than eight (8) weeks before the course start date, or if the candidate fails to appear on course
Forensic Identification Training
- 100% of the tuition is payable if the candidate cancels less than six (6) weeks before the course start date, or if the candidate fails to appear on course
Executive Development Training:
- EDP tuition is payable in instalments with $1,800 payable as of the first day of Course 1 and the balance of the tuition payable as of the first day of Course 2 of the Program ($8,475 for Canadian Police and $12,100 for other eligible registrants (Canadian and International))
- If the candidate cancels fourteen (14) or more calendar days before the start of Course 1 there is no charge.
- If the candidate cancels less than fourteen (14) calendar days before the start of the Course 1, 50% of the first installment is payable.
- If the candidate cancels less than fourteen (14) calendar days before the start of Course 2, 100% of the second installment is payable.
All Other Advanced Police Training
- 50% of the full tuition is payable if a candidate cancels between seven (7) and fourteen (14) calendar days of the course start date.
- 100% of the tuition plus one week of applicable meal plan fees are payable if the candidate cancels less than seven (7) days before the course start date, or if the candidate fails to appear on course
Admission of international participants – R01
Admission to CPC courses – R02
Advance standing – A01
Transfer of academic credit – A07
Participant code of conduct – A10
- Date modified: