The Canadian Police College promotes professionalization in policing through its articulation agreements with other national and international academic postsecondary institutions. These agreements allow students to use the training offered at the CPC and apply it towards a specific program of study at another academic institution.
A list of the CPC's academic partnerships are provided below. The option of transferring credits is also provided in the description of each course, where applicable. For courses where no established agreement has been identified, contact the learning institution you want to attend about a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) process that may transfer credits for CPC courses.
- Charles Sturt University (Australia): Graduates of the CPC's Executive Development in Policing program and the Senior Police Administration Course (SPAC) are eligible for credits at Charles Sturt University, specifically towards the Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and/or Masters Leadership and Management (Policing and Security). Visit The CPC's Leadership Development Centre for more information or visit Charles Sturt University.
- Justice Institute of British Columbia: Graduates of the CPC's Strategic Intelligence Analysis course and the Tactical Intelligence Analysis course are eligible for credits towards the JIBC's intelligence analysis programs. Visit JIBC for more information.
- Laurentian University: Graduates of CPC's Forensic Identification Training Program are eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Forensic Identification degree at Laurentian University. CPC students receive a maximum of 60 credits. Visit Laurentian University for more information.
- Nicola Valley Institute of Technology: Graduates of the CPC's Aboriginal Gang Reduction Strategies course or the Integrated Approaches to Interpersonal Violence and Abuse course are eligible for six credits per course. Visit the Nicola Valley Institute of Technology for more information.
- Walden University (USA): Walden University provides 23% tuition reduction on any Walden program. CPC students and alumni are eligible for a 30% tuition reduction when starting a Walden University doctoral program as a new student. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org at Walden University or phone (toll free) 1-855-591-7858 or local 978-971-2245.
- Date modified: