Financial Investigations Course
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|Tuition||Accommodation||Full Meals||Total||$ 1,350.00||$ 1,140.00||$ 841.44||$ 3,331.44|
|Tuition||Accommodation||Full Meals||Total||$ 1,925.00||$ 1,140.00||$ 841.44||$ 3,906.44|
This course provides investigators with the tools to collect and preserve evidence in order to successfully prosecute individuals involved in financial crime. It focuses on the recognition of crime associated with capital market manipulation and security fraud schemes, mass marketing fraud, cybercrime, identify thefts, different types of fraud, and the laundering of proceeds of crime (money laundering). Subject matter experts are invited to share their experience. Students are encouraged to apply critical thinking to case scenarios.
Format and delivery
Length of course: 10 days
Class size: maximum 30 students
Delivery setting: in classroom
- Knowledge of different types of financial crimes, including proceeds of crime, money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Knowledge of money laundering and terrorist financing techniques.
- Understanding how major case management principles can be applied during a financial investigation.
- Understanding how to use appropriate investigative techniques to legally gather evidence to prosecute financial crimes.
- Understanding how to conduct financial and criminal intelligence analysis to investigate a case.
- Knowledge of the responsibilities and mandate of partners and how they can collaborate in specific financial investigations.
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
- This course is offered to investigators within an investigative unit.
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College.
- Success in the course is based on participation and completion of all required assignments.
- Various evaluation methods are used, including final written exam, problem-based-learning scenarios, and class assignment.
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the course instructor.
- For more details or other information about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: