Human Trafficking Investigator's Course
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|Tuition||Accommodation||Full Meals||Total||$ 2,250.00||$ 950.00||$ 701.20||$ 3,901.20|
|Tuition||Accommodation||Full Meals||Total||$ 3,225.00||$ 950.00||$ 701.20||$ 4,876.20|
Human trafficking is the trade of humans most commonly for the purpose of forced labor or sexual exploitation. This course explores the world of human trafficking and the legislation implications for law enforcement and victims of sexual exploitation and forced labour, whether domestically or internationally.
Format and delivery
Length of course: 8 days
Class size: maximum 24 students
Delivery setting: theoretical portions are offered in classroom, practical exercises will take place in adjacent rooms
- Knowledge of the current human trafficking environment in Canada.
- Knowledge of the various applicable Canadian human trafficking laws.
- Understanding the components of domestic human trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Understanding the differences in human trafficking investigations and the gathering of pertinent information for successful convictions.
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
- This course is offered to police investigators assigned to a sex crime unit, a vice unit, a major crime unit, a border integrity unit, a drug and organized crime unit or a joint unit mandated to combat human trafficking or organized crime.
- This course is also offered to prosecutors who are usually assigned to human trafficking, sex crime cases, major crime, organized crime or border integrity cases.
- Registrants must have successfully completed the Introduction to Human Trafficking online course offered through Canadian Police Knowledge Network.
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College.
- Success in the course is based on participation and completion of all required assignments.
- Various evaluation methods are used, including a final written exam.
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the course instructor.
- For more details or other information about the course, please email email@example.com.
- Date modified: