Organized Crime Course
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|$ 1,425.00||$ 950.00||$ 701.20||$ 3,076.20|
|$ 2,050.00||$ 950.00||$ 701.20||$ 3,701.20|
Keeping pace with the technological skills and resources necessary to combat organized crime in the digital era requires new policing measures that place emphasis on cooperative action and intelligence sharing. This course provides the knowledge and skills required to successfully investigate and prosecute multi-faceted organized crime activities. The course also examines legislation and the Criminal Code as it relates to the successful conviction of members of organized crime groups.
Format and delivery
Length of course: 8 days
Class size: maximum 24 students
Delivery setting: theoretical portions are offered in classroom; practical exercises take place in syndicate rooms.
- Knowledge of the major case triangle and the importance of its key functions and roles.
- Knowledge of the sections of the Criminal Code as it pertains to the various facets of organized crime.
- Understanding the importance of disclosure and its impact on organized crime investigations.
- Knowledge of best practices in the confiscation or civil recovery of the proceeds from crime pertinent to organized crime investigations.
- Understanding the differences between multiple groups that are part of the multi-faceted arena of organized crime activities in Canada.
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
This course is offered to:
- investigators assigned to a joint forces operation or an integrated unit mandated to combat organized crime
- prosecutors of joint force operations or an integrated unit mandated to fight against organized crime
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College.
- Success in the course is based on participation and completion of all required assignments.
- Various evaluation methods are used, including testing during problem-based scenarios and a final exam.
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the course instructor.
- For more details or other information about the course, please email email@example.com.
- Date modified: