Specialized Vehicle Theft Investigative Techniques Course
|Session(s)||Location||Start date||End date|
|Tuition||Accommodation||Full Meals||Total||$ 2,425.00||$ 475.00||$ 350.60||$ 3,250.60|
|Tuition||Accommodation||Full Meals||Total||$ 3,475.00||$ 475.00||$ 350.60||$ 4,300.60|
Thieves are using increasingly sophisticated methods in stealing vehicles, particularly criminals with ties to organized crime and to terrorist groups. Investigators must be able to apply a professional approach to vehicle theft investigation, which means they must be trained in the newest investigative techniques and be prepared to conduct highly technical and complex investigations.
Format and delivery
Length of course: 5 days
Class size: maximum 24 students
Delivery setting: theoretical component are offered in classroom; practical components are delivered at Ottawa and local facilities
- Knowledge of the procedures used to obtain legally admissible evidence in a vehicle theft investigation and how to present this evidence in court.
- Ability to identify vehicles that have been stolen, including autos, heavy equipment vehicles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles and water craft.
- Knowledge of methods used to combat organized crime groups whose operations are national and international in scale.
Eligibility and mandatory requirements
- This course is offered to law enforcement personnel and investigators who must investigate vehicle, thefts, including automobile, truck, motorcycle, heavy equipment, and recreational vehicle and watercraft thefts.
- Acceptance or refusal in the course is at the discretion of the Canadian Police College.
- Success in the course is based on participation and completion of all required assignments.
- Various evaluation methods are used, including testing during practical exercises and a written exam.
- Re-testing or re-evaluation is conducted at the discretion of the course instructor.
- For more details or other information about the course, please email email@example.com.
- Date modified: